Introductions are always welcome

Tell us a little about who you are, what you enjoy, just break the ice a little.

I’m thebaldgeek (tbg).
Moved from Australia to SoCal USA some years back for a job.
Kids are all grown up (1 married, one engaged) and so the wife and I are loving the empty nest.
I really enjoy listing to pure trance (Solarstone) while driving or working on the computer.
Did a bit of a stint in photography and a bunch of electronic hobbies.
Been a ham for over 35 years now, so clearly love radio.

2 Likes

I am Captain Steubing. The original Captain of “The Love Boat”. This has been my Internet handle from college days in the very early 90’s. Ack, just dated myself.

I am from the Cayman Islands; a native son of the soil. In the process of studying for my Ham license, but have been interested in all things radio/RF from when I was a kid. As I enter “mid-life” I’ve rekindled my love for the hobby and discovered SDRs and all of the fun things you can do with them. I do miss the analog voice that used to be very prevalent in the 80’s and 90’s on VHF/UHF and Trunked Radio; but enjoying all of ACARS, VDL2, ADSB, AIS, radiosondes and more.

I thought I only needed one SDR, but that idea was soon thrown out the window. Now I think I’ve got 11 :face_with_monocle:.

Grateful for the community and all of the time that everyone puts in. I am amazed at the software that’s available.

4 Likes